Christmas Eve Day: My plans to go to Mississippi for the holidays have been thwarted, so here I am, at home, preparing things for maxxximum relaxxxation. Seriously, this level of do-nothing will be off the charts! My (extremely tentative) to-do list includes eating, catching up on DVDs, playing video games, hanging out with friends (well, maybe, depends how comfortable I am), kitty cuddling, and reading. And naps! I'll try to keep personal hygiene on the 'priorities' list all the while. I truly wanted to be with family, but I realize that this is an opportunity; I need the time alone to come down off of this hysterical holiday high. Really really. Entertaining the idea of making a mix. I'm three songs deep.
Later...
Christmas Day! After a brutal carbo-loaded Christmas Eve dinner (scrambled eggs, *Forever bagel, hashbrowns & veggie sausage), I took a muscle-relaxer (prescribed, of course) and PASSED OUT with a book and two cats laying on me. I woke up completely confused, my cellular going nuts. The lights and telly were still on. I vaguely remember the transfer from the couch to the bed, but was delighted to discover that I neatened up the kitchen after making such a huge breakfast. Anyway, after splashing cold water on my face and shaking it off, I was ready to get going. Briefly spoke with KMHD while making a pot of coffee; she'd be over in a bit to ring in the holiday with me. Video-chatted with ATM for nearly half an hour! It was good to lay eyes on him. I learned that he will be coming home late tonight instead of tomorrow which is the BEST news!
KMHD came over; I ran some oranges, apples & carrots through the juicer so that we could start our morning right.
We immediately neutralized any benefits by stuffing a cinnamon roll and some coffee down ye olde chute. 'Tis the season, right? We opened the prezzies that I got for us both: stylin' sister socks!
KMHD got the old man on the horn and we both chatted with him for awhile. It was so good to talk with him; he was in rare form, kind & funny. I let him talk at me for a loooong time. We made plans to meet up in January where I am to cook for him. Gladly, Dad.
After that, KMHD & I went out for some coffee. We fulfilled our need to get out of the house AND properly caffeinated ourselves like we do in Seattle. Gotta. keep. moving.
We came home, made supper plans, parted ways, and here I am, trying to kill time & a burgeoning hunger by perusing the internet and eating rolled up Tofurkey deli slices. I may've overdone it with the coffee. May have to walk around the block to shed some of this excess energy. Also, there are flurries outside!
After supper at the Capital Bar & Grill, I believe we will convene with many others at the space on Victory St. Then, I will go home and wait and wait and wait for ATM to get home.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALL!
SOLO pouncing her new toy:
* I sometimes, by accident, call everything bagels FOREVER bagels. Which makes sense, they are THE ultimate bagel.
Here we go. Christmas night togetherness.
Zach, Danny:
Danny, KMHD:
Jeffie, Nate:
Nate, Samuel:








1 comment:
Wait...DANNY MACKLE?! I haven't laid eyes on/thought about him since like 1992! Wow.
Post a Comment